10 hurricane chases
Finally... A compilation of iCyclone's "Top 10" chases of the last decade, documenting dangerous cyclones hitting the most remote corners of the USA and Mexico.
Highlights include Hurricane Wilma's assault on Florida's Gulf Coast in 2005, Category-5 Hurricane Dean's landfall on the Yucatan in 2007, and Hurricane Jova's surprisingly violent attack on Mexico's Pacific Coast in 2011. Ranging from Cabo San Lucas to North Carolina, these 10 chases span 9 states, 7 years, 2 countries, and 2 oceans:
- Wilma 2005 - Everglades City, FL, USA
- Dean 2007 - Chetumal, Quintana Roo, MEXICO
- Dolly 2008 - Port Isabel, TX, USA
- Gustav 2008 - St. Mary Parish, LA, USA
- Ike 2008 - Texas City, TX, USA
- Jimena 2009 - Puerto San Carlos, Baja California Sur, MEXICO (Pacifc)
- Alex 2010 - Guadalupe Victoria, Tamaulipas, MEXICO
- Karl 2010 - Veracruz, Veracruz, MEXICO
- Irene 2011 - Marshallberg, NC, USA
- Jova 2011 - Emiliano Zapata, Jalisco, MEXICO (Pacific)
Each hurricane is documented with a 15- to 30-minute video capturing the entire chase—from beginning to end.
Look for it Summer 2012.
For info, get in touch.